5 day countdown till THE BLAK \ DESIGNMART...get ready!!! This is the REAL reason why you been putting off your holiday shopping...any last minute shopping should be saved for THIS out of the world expereince!
Viewing entries tagged
Come hang out with us, enjoy some champagne & treats, and come see or make some special ornaments with us!
If you haven't visited the Frye already, here's the perfect excuse to also come check out Frye's current exhibhit (FREE!) and their newly revamped museum OBJECT store cruated by our talented friend Charlie Scuck!
See you there!
Here's the second half list of the participating studios!
13. Ladies & Gentlemen Studio: That's us... Jean & Dylan (also co-organizer of the popup, Brite Collective, and JOIN) like to keep a diverse array of things from chalkable piggy banks, to servers, to jewelery, to serving trays, and even lights. Some might call it lack of commitment, but they prefer to call it diversification!
14. Material Good: Founded on a vision that a company can include working for a cause in it's core vision, material good donates a portion of all sales to causes that promote curing and preventing cancer. Their "Little Shirley" vases are an homage to founder Lauren Burman's grandmother, who inspired the idea for Material Good.
15. Meet Me Here: Jonas DeVerona creates simple well-constructed bags, accessories and clothes with quality materials and a keen eye for details.
16. Metrode: Caitlin collaborates with skilled small town hobbyist & crafters to create products in their craft with her creative vision and aesthetic. The result is an elevation of traditional crafts beyond kitsch to the point of high design.
17. Object: Photographer Charlie Schuck is a man of many visions, but fortunately for us he has a soft spot for design. Through the opening of Object, a Belltown design store and event space he champions good design with a minimally curated collection of furniture, lighting, home goods, jewelry, accessories, and vintage objects.
18. Paper Hammer: A paper studio/shop founded by Ed Marquand (of Marquand Books - Seattle publishing company) that's all about bring back art of paper goods and book binding. Their studio based in Tieton (a small Eastern Washington town recently revitalized as an artist town) creates their goods with the loving care that few care to give to papergoods these days.
19. Perhacs Studio: Founded by Brandon Perhacs and based on Bainbridge Island, the studio creates graphically playful products many of which can be customized by their users.
20. R&L goods: Jean & Chika whip up a lovely collection of handmade wallets, notebooks, and other softgoods with prints in collaboration with Piano Nobile.
21. Studio Arno: A brand new company founded by Justin Lyle who makes sophisticated modern bolo ties using an array of exotic woods.
22. Ta+Ma: We love Designer Tamae Satsu's eye for details and materials in her line of simple soft goods made from high quality leather and felt.
23. Urbancase: Darin Montgomery of Urbancase is all about designing objects and spaces that contribute to a simpler, pared back lifestyle.
On behalf of Brite Collective & JOIN, I'd like to just share what all this VALUE SHOP excitement is about! We now have 20+ design studios which we'll feature at the VALUE (pop-up) SHOP for this coming weekend!!
We got some design "O.G."s, but also some new friends in the mix! Here's a sneak peak & a little something about each of the designers alphebetaically ordered starting with the first half of the list....
1. Ample: Is a modern furniture & lighting studio founded by Andy Johnson. The studio produces everything right here in Seattle, Washington with a strong preference for local materials and a deep conviction that furniture can and should be built to last a lifetime - or two.
2. Aleks Pollner: Ceramic porcelain artist who tests our perception of precoius porcelain objects and what it means when things are just meant to be broken.
4. Blkpine Workshop: Christa Thomas & Nin Troung (also the co-organizers of this popup) have this amazing knack for juggling multiple creative businesses and roles at once. They are the founders/designers of Blkpine Workshop (Seattle-made bags), Maiden Noir (menswear brand), Cafe Weekend (a delightful cafe), and on top of that Nin's a creative director for Stussy. And we think we're busy with just one studio!
5. Brackish: An up & coming furniture company founded by Forest Eckley & Andy Whitcomb. Their thoughtful approach to design is based on a simple balance of carefully salvaged materials to create one-of-a-kind furniture pieces that are equal parts warm and industrial.
7. fruitsuper: A seattle duo that puts the fun in fundamental with their simple, colorful, and functional products.
8. Glasswing: A collective founded by three roommates (Forest, also part of Brakish, Alisa, and Sean)who see eye-to-eye in all the little things that matter for living a quality life. They have a shared interest which sent them on a mission to gather the best sources for delightful everyday essentials from scented homemade candles, honey from nearby farms, accessories, and more.
9. Grain: Our Bainbridge Island-based friends whose thoughtful designs are dedicated to social and environmental responsibility. Their goods are produced in small batches at their island studio or through special collaborations with expert artisans in the US and abroad.
10. Herman Yu: A Seattle designer who creates beautiful printed cards and calendars featuring artfully manipulated natural images that are simultaneously graphic and ethereal.
11. Iacoli & McAllister: A collaboration between Jamie Iacoli and Brian McAllister that yields an impressive line up of lighting, furniture, jewelry, and small products. Their work never ceases to be an amazing intersection of materials and geometry.
12. Jessalin Beutler: A collection of accessories and clothes that are feature bold geographic patterns HAND-painted by Jessalin herself!
So yah......quite a list already, eh? This is like rounding up all the super hereos with all their super making powers!
Well, guess what? we're only at the half way point! More designers to follow for part 2!
.....This is happening in 8 days!
On John street (between 9th & Westlake) see MAP for exact location of Design Block
Go to our FB EVENT page for more info & invite everyone!
The Value Shop is a 3-day desing popup shop which will feature 17+ local Seattle studios. Our mission is to bring together all the great Seattle design studios by not only highlighting the products, but also share each a bit more about studio's approach, process, and way of designing.
Our shop will be amongst a group of large shipping containers that will be placed in South Lake Union neighborhood right by the Discover Center on John Street (between 9th ave N & Western)
Hopefully the weather will look just like this dream rendering!
Dylan & I will be part of next weekend's Remodelista Market at Dwell on Design in LA, June 22-24th. Along with our other JOIN friends (Blk Pine Workshop, Grain, Fleet Objects, fruitsuper, Iacoli & McAllister, R&L goods), we'll all be selling our goods there!
We will be bringing an array of goods such as our classic chalk piggy bank, homestead candlesticks, Salt & Pepper Pawz, our new Aura lights, and some brand new Perimeter Tray color comobos...like this one!
We love how fresh and bold it looks & feels!
We're also excited to be showing some Bloc necklaces! We're especially excited about these photos for our Bloc necklace lookbook (coming soon!)
So lots of exciting things will be happening around Dwell on Dwell! We're totally stoked! So if you happened to be in LA, come say hello and see our new work in person!!
I'm SUPER excited for this design Pop-Up shop that JOIN and Brite Collective are organizing, which will be happening next week! eek!!
Its been awhile since we've done an event for both JOIN & Brite in Seattle, and figured this is the perfect time to gather everyone and jumpstart the shopping season with lots of awesome work from independent designers!
We gathered 30+ designers and artists to do a special curated works under the theme BLANC.
Full details below!
BLANC-A Winter White Design Pop-up Shop
We're ready to ring in the winter holiday season with a one-of-a-kind market of great design. In celebration of winter, BLANC will feature a curated selection of limited edition objects that are white, blank, or otherwise achromous in color or spirit. Additionally, the pop-up shop will offer a cornucopia of other well-made goods from 30+ talented emerging designers from the West to the East.
DAY 1 / NOV. 18th / BLANC PREVIEW PARTY 8pm-12am
Celebrate independent design. Special preview of "BLANC" curated items, BLANC cocktail menu, live music, and more. Wear something white!
Time: 8:00pm - 9:30pm BLANC preview shopping event. 9:00pm - 12:00am DJ & special guest performance by NODDY.
Location: Sole Repair Shop 1001 East Pike Street Seattle, WA.
Suggested Donation: $5.00
DAY 2 / Nov 19th / Design BLANC Pop-Up Shop 11am-5pm
Support independent design by checking off your gift list early with items from the BLANC curated collection as well as other original design goods ranging from furniture, art, housewares, jewelry, accessories, ornaments, and more. Also enjoy special activities by Brite Collective holiday, hot beverages from Caffe Vita, pizza by Big Mario's, and more.
Time: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Location: Cafe Vita Bean Room 1005 East Pike Street Seattle, WA.
Get a sneak preview here!
Featuring Works from:
&c. Jewelry / Aleksandra Pollner / Alisha Louise / Ashley Helvey / Blk Pine Workshop / Brandon Perhacs / Cairo / Chadhaus / COATT / Elizabeth Patterson / Erich Ginder / Fleet Objects / Fort Standard / Free Time Industries / Fruitsuper / Grain / Herman Yu / Iacoli & McAllister / Jessaline Beutler / Kiel Mead / Ladies & Gentlemen Studio / Meet Me Here / Piano Nobile / plainMADE / R&L Goods / Studio Gorm / Thomas Im / Zanna Printed Textiles / Handpicked items from OBJECT and more...
We've been so excited about being on FAB!!
We put out a new item... Terracotta Piggies!...I love how the peachy-orangy terracotta color that makes it look more like a pig! Looks very nice for the summer, yah?
They sold out on fab for now, but they will be available soon on our site!
We really didn't know what to expect in terms of how people will respond to our work and how the sale will go...but turns out it was more than great and we actually sold out quite a few things!!
I know lot of the stuff aren't even in our shop right now, but we're in the works to put up more! Such as the new Terracotta piggies, one-off Daily Affirmation vintage mirrors, Alphabrass tables with vintage lamp parts and more!! We're planning to have our shop updated soon totally amp up our shop!!
SHOP NOW and get 10% OFF all L&G originals!Just Enter "GIMMIE10" at checkout!
Sale end of the day on July 4th at 11:59pm PST!!
L&G's is so excited to be featured on fab.com today for an epic 3 day flash sale!
They're providing our products at ridiculously pleasant prices and also featuring some fab.com-only special products...
Like $65 (normally $95) for our "Daily Affirmation" mirrors. Each one is a unique vintage guilded mirror frame etched with a message of hope:
Or our special limited run of terracotta piggy banks for $55 ($85 retail):
Two Cane & Able Stools (the first two ever made!):
Or opt for discounted L&G classics: 30% off megadoiley, 40% off superior servers, 35% off alphabrass, 40% off gem necklaces:
The sale runs through Wednesday, so go to fab.com and get while the gettin's good!
More pics of our Spring Vintage Sale this weekend!!
We really letting go....
Hey there Seattle area readers. Scoot your butts over to Ballard this weekend for our first ever L&G Studio Vintage Sale.
May 21st-22nd. At the L&G studio/homestead at 2430 NW 62nd st, Seattle
Our addiction to raiding thrift stores and estate sales has gotten the best of us and before we end up on the show "Hoarding: Buried Alive" we thought we'd do some much overdue spring purging.
Our wonderful assortment includes (see more pics):
- Classic design brands (Dansk, Hornsea, Braun, Catherine Holm, Alessi, Stelton)
- Antique Curiosities (globes, housewares, tchotchkes, handmade ceramics)
- Obsolete technology (typewriters, reel to reel decks, film cameras)
- Vintage design, craft, and kids books
- L&G original seconds, samples, and one-offs
MAY 21st, SATURDAY: Come for the choice finds! MAY 22nd, SUNDAY: get 50% off (items will be discounted all day)!
It will be hard to see the treasures we fought so hard to find leave our hands, but we know they'll be going to appreciative new homes and that just makes us feel so warm and cozy.
Excited to see you there!
Last Saturday's Remodelista Seattle Market went super well! We're so excited to be part of it, and meet all the talented people...and lovely ladies, Sarah & Allison of Remodelista! It was such a nice to spend the Saturday....hang out & catch up with peeps from I&M, Urbancase...got yummy coffee & treats from Christa of Cafe Weekend....met lovely Heidi Swanson and got her new book...and then got REAL hungry looking at all the beautiful photos her book....
Below are some photos from Michael Jardine, since I still need to edit mine. heh...
We were in the Henrybuilt production space, thus explains the vinyl strips behind Dylan.
And there's him selling some our goods.Christina of Studio Patro
Mato Creative (amazing denim/indigo dyed accessories!)
Amy & Katy Carson of Bitters Co.
For those who couldn't make it to the market, don't get too bummed. Starting today, Remodelista is doing a 48hr special online sale with some sort of discount on all the things that were there (10-15% off or free shipping)
there there...now you don't have to feel so sad for missing it!
Also we're hoping to do the next one in Portland beginning of June!! Can't wait!
photos from Michael
We were excited when we first heard about Remodelista coming to Seattle to organize a local design market, and will be at the Henrybuilt production/office space in Georgetown!
But then got even MORE excited when they contacted us asking if L&G would be interested in being part of the sale....we replied them with a "YES! TOTALLY!!" and way too many exclamation points after that.
Remodelista readers of the Northwest take note: on April 30, we're hosting our second Local Market in Seattle at henrybuilt's Georgetown location. On offer will be an array of goods from some of our favorite Seattle artisans, with an emphasis on wares for the home (as well as a dash of fashion); for good measure, we've imported a few of our favorite Northern California vendors.
Date & Time: April 30, 11 am to 4 pm.
Location: Henrybuilt in Georgetown, 4634 Ohio Avenue South, Seattle, 98134
List of participating vendors: Bitters Co., Bainbridge Blues, Goods from the Hood, Gallant & Jones, glassybaby, Hattie Bird, Heidi Swanson, Iacoli & McAllister, Ladies & Gentlemen, Mato Creative, Marie Veronique Organics, Paper Hammer, Red Ticking, Rough Linen, Studio Patro, Sefte Living, Seabold Vintage Market, Twiggypop Ranch, Urbancase,.....
We can't wait to see everything, get Heidi Swanson's autograph on her new book, and hopefully sell lots of L&G goods!
More sneaky peaks tomorrow!
JOIN proudly presents:
11. 28. 09' SATURDAY
WHAT: ONE NIGHT ONLY pop-up shop featuring design objects by local artists and designers. Also a silent auction of AMAZING design items to benefit JOIN and Nest Seattle.
WHERE: Vermillion 1508 11th Ave (between E. Pike & E. Pine)
WHEN: 7-9pm Silent Auction
9:15 Auction Winners Announced
7-11pm Design Object Sale **Cash Only
WHO: Chikabird, Dinah Coops Design, fortyfive09, Fruit Super Design, Grain, Greg Bethel, Iacoli & McAllister, &c., Ladies & Gentlemen Studio, Meet Me Here, Piano Nobile, plainMADE,and urbancase.
WHY: To help benefit JOIN and Nest....AND to burn off some of that excess turkey weight.
Now is the time to start shopping for the holidays but also the time to start giving even for all the thanks you'll give over turkey & gravy.....we promise that you WILL be thanked...and maybe even receive a hug from one of us...if you want...your pick. Here's a sample of what will be at the sale & silent auction! DON'T MISS IT!! It's the SATURDAY after Thanksgiving!
More about JOIN: Design Seattle
JOIN Design Seattle promotes emerging independent American design by providing designers a forum to show work, get feedback, and share resources. By organizing design shows and events and by hosting an online design event calendar and blog, we strive to be the adhesive and a resource that binds a thriving, but fragmented, furniture and product design community in Seattle.
More about Nest:
Nest Seattle is a nonprofit organization that provides micro-finance loans and mentoring to female artists and artisans around the world. Nest instills pride of ownership, preserves ancient artistic traditions and successfully moves women from poverty to self-sufficiency.